*118 - Money For Our Next Generation

I was pumping my petrol at Petronas, Kesas Highway... A worker named Mahmud (saw it on his name tag) tat helps me on fuel pumping came and approach me... As we chat... I exposed myself as a local uni student...

He became so enthusiastic and interested on the local uni subject and keep asking me questions... Especially the financial aspect... Seems like he keep on asking wat's the mininum cost to study in local uni... How students support themselves in uni etc...

So in my opinion... i feel that he asked, is mayb bcause he got a kid going to uni soon? In reality, how much can a petrol station worker afford to send his kid to uni? i told him my fees roughly each month is rm333... and with all the food n drink n bla bla bla... it goes up to AT LEAST 500 or 600 to be better... (lucky there's PTPTN here to help, it means a lot to some ppl)

Im wondering... How will i feel if i cant afford to send my kids to the university... and im letting my kids down... I dont dare to imagine tat... I'll truely feel guilty for this all my life... It makes me recall the scene in the Singaporean comedy, Just Follow Law... When Lim Teng Zui's (Gurmit Singh) salary is not even enough for his daughter's hospital admission deposit...

I understand tat i need to excel in life... in order to give my kids a brighter future... Facts of Life!

No comments:

NeoNuu - Dont Feed Him Too Much :P

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com